Narragansett Bay Commission
Working For A Clean Bay Today!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS
- To protect the safety of our customers and staff during the COVID pandemic, access to our offices is restricted
- Customers may pay bills by phone or on-line – it’s simple, safe and FREE!
- Call 401-461-8828 and select option 1 to pay by phone or click button “Pay My Bill” below to pay by text or on-line.
- If you need help with your bill, call 401-461-8828 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to speak with a Customer Service Representative who can help you.
- Para proteger la seguridad de nuestros clientes y empleados durante la pandemia de COVID, el acceso a nuestras oficinas está limitado.
- Los clientes pueden pagar sus facturas por teléfono, texto o on-line. Es fácil, seguro y GRATIS!
- Llamen al 401-461-8828 y oprima 1 para pagar por teléfono o oprima el botón “Paga Mi Factura” abajo, para pagar por texto o on-line.
- Si necesita ayuda con su factura, llamen entre 8:30 a.m. y 4:00 p.m. al 401-461-8828 y oprima 1 para hablar con un Representante de Servicio al Cliente que le pueda ayudar.
You deserve clean water...
We're giving it to you.
In 2017, as a result of improved water quality in the upper Bay largely due to the success of CSO Phases I & II, the RIDEM removed the rain restrictions to shellfishing in Conditional Area B and relaxed the restrictions in Conditional Area A. In addition, bathing beach closures have decreased dramatically since 2014.
Phase III facilities as originally designed included another deep rock tunnel through Pawtucket and Central Falls, terminating at the Bucklin Point Wastewater Treatment Facility. In response to the USEPA's recent guidance documents on affordability and integrated planning, the NBC undertook a re-evaluation of Phase III in 2013, convening a group of stakeholders to provide review and input. The project was approved by the RIDEM in 2018, with construction on various components slated to begin as early as 2020. Learn more about the Combined Sewer Overflow Project!
The Narragansett Bay Commission encourages everyone to refrain from flushing disposable wipes. The wipes do not dissolve in water and can lead to unpleasant toilet back-ups as well as larger sewer system issues.
Only the 3 Ps should go in the toilet…Read More..
The Narragansett Bay Commission (NBC) has limited access to its offices to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, NBC will restrict customer and visitor access to all NBC facilities, including the corporate office at…Read More..
Paul Desrosiers of Providence, RI, was honored recently by the US Environmental Protection Agency for his work maintaining the Narragansett Bay Commission’s (NBC) Wastewater Treatment Facilities.
Desrosiers, who is an operator of the Narragansett Ba…Read More..
Narragansett Bay Commission
Under virtually every street in the NBC service area is a sewer pipe that carries away unwanted wastewater from homes, schools, businesses and industries to one of the Narragansett Bay Commission's two wastewater treatment facilities - the Field's Point facility in Providence, and the Bucklin Point facility in East Providence.Contact Us