The NBC is governed by a 19-member Board of Commissioners, appointed by the mayors and administrators of the municipalities in the service area, as well as ten gubernatorial appointments. Empowered with responsibilities ranging from ensuring that the NBC operates with a balanced budget to approving contracts for improving and sustaining the treatment facilities and wastewater collection system, the Board meets monthly to guide the direction of the NBC. Minutes and agendas of the monthly meetings, as well as quarterly contracting reports, are available on the RI Secretary of State's website (click here for minutes and here for quarterly reports).
- Chairman, Vincent J. Mesolella
- Vice Chairman, Angelo S. Rotella
- Treasurer, Robert Andrade
- Secretary, Laurie Horridge, Executive Director
- Ernest Almonte
- Lisa Andoscia
- James Bennett
- Mario Carlino
- Michelle R. DeRoche
- Christine DiBiase, Esq.
- Jonathan Farnum
- Leonard Lopes, Esq.
- Jina Petrarca, Esq.
- Charles Ruggerio, Esq.
Other Appointments (Appointed By)
- Vincent J. Mesolella (Mayor of Central Falls)
- John MacQueen (Mayor of Cumberland)
- Richard Delfino (Mayor of Johnston)
- Michael Marcello, Esq. (Mayor of East Providence)
- Allessandro Montanari (Mayor of Providence)
- Angelo Rotella, Esq. Vice Chairman (Mayor of Providence)
- Anthony Napolitano (Mayor of North Providence)
- Robert P. Andrade, Treasurer (Mayor of Pawtucket)
- Joan P. Milas (Administrator of Lincoln)