Narragansett Bay Commission Offers 2019 Earth Day River Restoration Grants
The Narragansett Bay Commission (NBC) is offering grants ranging from $250 up to $1,000 for local Earth Day River and Lake Cleanups, restoration or beautification projects for areas located within the NBC service area or receiving waters.
The goal of the NBC 2019 Earth Day River Cleanup Grant Program is to clean up our important environmental resources by providing funding assistance to local organizations restoring and improving the green spaces in their communities.
The grants may be used for Earth Day volunteer river, lake and pond cleanup projects located within the NBC service district or receiving waters. Projects that include an educational component to educate volunteers about some aspect of the environment, environmental restoration, protection are preferred. All sections of the grant application, including the project description form must be completed. Any incomplete grant application forms received will not be considered. Only one application per project will be considered, and projects must be completed no later than August 31, 2019. The range for funding for any single project shall be between $250 and $1,000, depending upon the number of applicants and funding availability.
Download the grant application here.
EVALUATION CRITERIA (Not in any order of priority):
- Clean up and/or restore local rivers, streams, lakes and/or ponds within the NBC district or receiving waters.
- Positive impact to the local environment and/or improvement of aquatic life and habitat.
- Long term environmental/beautification impact.
- Demonstrated project need.
- Environmental education component is a plus.
EXPENSES NOT FUNDED:
- Administrative/Personnel expenses (ex. Salary, overtime, professional services that include but not limited to consultants, landscapers, etc.).
- Food expenses.
- Fuel or travel costs related to purchasing items for the event/project.
- Expenses incurred prior to grant award date.
The completed grant application and project description forms MUST be received by the NBC by 4:00pm on February 19, 2019. Please submit to:
Ms. Kimberly Kirwan
Narragansett Bay Commission
1 Service Road
Providence, RI 02905
Should you have any questions regarding the NBC’s grant program or your grant application, please contact Kimberly Kirwan at 401-461-8848 (ext. 391) or via email.