Cleaning dirty water from homes and businesses is often out of sight and out of mind. But, it is a critically important factor to protect public health and the environment.
Narragansett Bay is cleaner than it has been in 150 years and water quality will continue to improve in the coming decades. The WHYs and the HOWs of this dramatic improvement generates much lively and thought-provoking discussion. The NBC has a diverse group of professional engineers, scientists, environmentalists, and technicians available to speak about wastewater treatment and related clean water issues, including:
- Wastewater Treatment
- Take a virtual wastewater-treatment tour, follow water as it travels though the sewer system, or learn about the history of sewers and clean water in Rhode Island
- Environmental Education
- Try hands-on water quality testing, learn about watersheds, or uncover what fish and bugs tell us about our water
- Engineering and construction projects
- Learn about the Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) project, the NBC’s sustainable energy portfolio, and how we are using green AND gray infrastructure to protect and enhance our rivers and bay
- Careers in clean water
- Discover the diversity of careers available in clean water---the variety is impressive!